Mental Health and/or Substance Use Counselors
• Develop rapport and maintain therapeutic relationship with individuals who struggle with substance use disorders and/ or mental health disorders.
• Complete biopsychosocial assessment to establish history, current needs, and strengths.
• Create a person-centered treatment plan in partnership with client and potential supports.
• Review treatment goals each quarter to determine progress, celebrate successes, identify new barriers to treatment or other problem areas, and prepare for discharge.
• Collaborate with other treatment providers, courts, Protective Services, and other members of client’s support network.
• Provide prevention-orientated education such as communicable diseases.
• Provide referrals to clients and their children (if appropriate) as needed, such as residential treatment, primary care provider, and psychiatric services.
• Connect clients to community resources and programs, as needed, such as food pantries, AA meetings, employment assistance programs, and housing help.
• Participate in supervision and case consultation meetings.
• Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
• Complete required trainings and continuing education.
• CADC / CAADC credential, or must be willing to obtain a development plan
• Ability to build rapport with clients and maintain professional boundaries
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Previous experience in substance use disorder/mental health counseling or other related fields is preferred
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or related field is preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Flexible Schedule
Pay: $17.00 - $30.00 per clinical hour
* additional pay equal to 40% of total direct/ clinical work hours to compensate for time spent doing indirect work (ie. documentation, coordination of care)
Example - 20 hours of direct service work + additional 40% of total hours (8) indirect service work = 28 hours
* paid for attending supervision and team meetings
* paid for attending approved trainings and activities
* You may submit request for MVA to pay cost of trainings. Approvals from Clinical Director and Financial Manager are required.
MVA will pay fees associated with applying for a development plan